Sunday, May 15, 2011

Chapter 9 Paradise


Chapter 9 Paradise

Leah’s POV at 18 years old

As the years passed by, I realized how things were important for Jake and me since it was just the two of us.

The first thing was make our new home with bamboo sticks, string and palm trees all thanks to Charlie who showed Jacob what to do. In return, Jacob guided me on the basics and I helped to the best of my knowledge. I was really helpful when it came to repairing the roof or one of the walls.

The top floor held our bedrooms as well as the lookout area for ships. The stairs going downstairs was made with the same material as the house which was bamboo sticks, string, and palm trees. The bottom floor was a sitting area where we ate most nights. It was a very simple house and I’m glad I could have helped Jake with it.

We resumed our activities that we did when we were kids but with more endurance like swimming. We always challenged ourselves to see who could swim further than the other one. Sometimes we would play a game of underwater tag to make it more fun instead of a contest.

Jacob was always making something whether it was a spear for fishing or a flute from the bamboo sticks. I made different forms of clothing from the fabric found in the trunk as well as from the clothes we wore when we were younger.

Over time Jacob’s fishing skills improved and soon he was pulling out the biggest fish he could find which was enough to feed us for several days.

I had grown some as well but not as tall as Jacob. The only massive growth I experienced was my hair and it reached down to the bottom of my back.

We were both lean thanks to the fish and fresh fruit we ate every day. The swimming and walking around helped as well.

The important thing was Jacob and I were happy. There was nothing that could destroy that.Little did I know that things would all change within a blink of an eye.

Thanks to Jess, my beta and to Mist, who creates the banners and my faithful cheerleaders: Lauren, Teri and Michelle. I once again do not own Leah or Jacob they belong to Stephenie Meyer and The Blue Lagoon belongs to Henry De Vere Stacpoole




No comments:

Post a Comment