Monday, May 30, 2011

Chapter 12 God


Chapter 12 God
Leah’s POV at 18 years old.
I was walking so much that I didn’t realize that I was on the forbidden side of the island.
Deep in the forest, I was surprised to see ashes from a fire that had been made before I showed up and also a large head.
I approached slowly to get a better glimpse of the head. I didn’t get any further because my instinct was telling me that I should kneel.
As my knees touched the ground, I looked up at the face once more and saw that blood was dripping down to a makeshift altar which was a few inches where I was kneeling.
I got up rather quickly and ran with all my strength back to the hut.
When I got back to the hut, I ran up to the porch where I saw Jacob wearing a turban and a short cape.
“Jacob! Jacob!” I shouted.
What is it? What happened? Jacob asked.
“I saw him!” I exclaimed.
“Who?” Jacob asked.
“The face Charlie thought was the boogeyman!” I explained.
Of course Jacob wasn’t pleased with what I had done.
 “You went to the other side?! “ Jacob said in an angry tone while taking off his turban.
“Charlie was wrong. He’s not the boogeyman. I think he’s God!” I said
 God?  Jacob asked.
 “He looked like pastor Logan always said he looked,like you better be good or else, and he was bleeding. “
Jacob had an incredulous look on his face.
“I don’t believe you! “He yelled.
“Just like Jesus! “ I repeated.
“I don’t want you to ever go there again, it’s the law!” Jacob stated.
I tried to reason with him by saying,” But what if he really is God? Shouldn’t we go there and pray or will he be mad at us if we didn’t?
Of course Jacob didn’t want to hear it and wanted to drop the whole thing by saying, “I don’t wanna talk about it. I just don’t wanna talk about it!”
Once again thanks to my fantastic beta Jess and my wonderful banner maker Mist. Also once again I don't own Leah or Jacob, they belong to Stephenie Meyer and The Blue Lagoon belongs to Henry De Vere Stacpoole




No comments:

Post a Comment