Sunday, November 27, 2011

Chapter 20 Drum People


Chapter 20 Drum People

Jacob's POV at 18 years old

Leah has gotten really fat recently and her bumpies have gotten real big as well and as for us, when things got to good something always went wrong.

I was on the beach one day digging for shells. I heard a faint drum so I stopped what I was doing. I was hoping to hear it more clearly but I didn't hear anything so I just shook my headed and refocused.

I heard it again this time a little more clear and voices as well. It made me look up and around to see if anyone was around me. I became concerned about Leah so I ran back to the hut to see if she was still there. She wasn't so I grabbed a shirt and decided to put it on while I walked around to find her and also to find where the noises were coming from.
I called out to Leah.

"Leah! Leah, where are you?"

I started to panic because I couldn't find her.

I went through a forest, trying to find either Leah or the voices that I heard. The voices stopped or so I thought at the time. I crossed a stream andthe voices start again, and keep going through the forest. By the time I finally reached the voices, it was nighttime. The moon was full and high, and the stars shone brightly. I finally realized I was at the stone head that Leah called God.

I hid behind some bushes so no one could see me until I figured out what was happening.

There is a fire, and a group of people dancing around the fire chanting in a strange language. There is a loud cry and another man is pulled out of a cave. He was painted white. He acts like he is trying to fight with them He is brought around the fire to the stone head and laid at the altar. A wooden brace is put on the painted man's neck and a different man with a club stands over the painted man. The chanting stops when the man with the club, who has elaborate decorative paint on his face, pauses, then clubs the man who is painted white once on the head.
That was enough for me and I ran out with all of my strength. I noticed while running that a mist was overtaking the island.

Once again thanks to my beta Jess, Mist who created my wonderful banner and those who have read and reviewed. Also I don't own Twilight, it belongs to Stephenie and The Blue Lagoon belongs to Henry De Vere Stacpoole

No comments:

Post a Comment