Sunday, November 27, 2011

Chapter 19 Pregnant


Chapter 19 Pregnant
Leah's POV at 18 years old.
After several weeks of Jacob and I showing our love for one another, unexpected changes started to occur and it all happened to me.

One day, I was crawling on the undergrowth of the island and popping berries into my mouth when all of a sudden I felt something block my path. I looked up and saw Jacob. I gave him a big and cheerful smile to show how happy I was to see him and also for him to let me carry on my business of finding more berries to eat.

Later that night, I was standing in the lower level of our hut eating coconut when Jacob came up from behind me and started to kiss my neck. He realized I kept on eating and not kissing him back. He grabbed the bowl and said to me,

"Will you stop eating, you're getting fat! Come on up, keep me warm."

Yes, it was true I was always eating and I noticed my once flat stomach was getting rounder but I couldn't stop eating.

I merely nodded my head since I had my mouth full with coconut As soon as Jacob ascended up the ladder, I reached for the bowl of coconut and proceeded to eat again but much faster this time so he wouldn't know what was taking me so long.

The next morning, I woke up earlier than Jacob because my stomach felt funny. I thought it was due to all my eating lately but I was wrong. I felt sick so I rushed over on the side of the hut and threw up the contents of my stomach into the ocean.

That night, I was up on the high level of the hut combing my hair threw my fingers when I heard Jacob climbing the ladder and sitting beside me. He put his arm around me and started to kiss me. I shrugged him away and he pulled his arm away from me. He then found a twig and started to examine it.

I felt sorry for hurting him so I apologized.

"I'm sorry Jacob."

"You didn't want to all day yesterday, either. What's a-matter, Lee, don't you love me anymore?"

The thing was I did love him. In fact, I loved him with all of my heart and soul. I knew I had to reassure him.

"Yes, I love you more than ever, Jacob."

"Then why don't you want to do it?"

I wished I could have explained it to him but I couldn't because I didn't know what was happening to me but I did tell him the truth.

"It just hurts right now, that's all. When it stops hurting we'll do it."

"When is that gonna be? I don't understand, Leah. Why does it hurt?"

"I don't know. I don't know anything."

I was getting so frustrated because I couldn't put into words what was happening to me especially since I didn't know myself.

I scooted back and leaned against the wall of the hut to support my back. I did want to share something with Jacob.

"But if you touch my tummy right now, you can feel it."

"Feel what?"

Jacob scooted over and sat next to me. I then placed his hand with mine and we put it on my tummy.
Within seconds, my tummy started to move. Jacob had a shocked expression on his face.

"How'd you make your tummy move like that?"

"I'm not doing it."

"It's not doing it by itself."

"Yes it is."

Another movement in my tummy made Jacob question,

"There, I felt it again. What's making it do that, Leah?"

"I don't know."

Within months, my body changed dramatically. My bumpies and belly were getting bigger by the day and I still kept eating more and more.

Author's Note: I wanted to apologize to all those who have read and reviewed this story. I realize I haven't updated since July (yikes!) but a lot has happened since then. My brother, his girlfriend and my nephew have all moved back from Michigan back here in Illinois so life has been pretty chaotic especially when you have a 16 month old in the house to keep you on your toes LOL. I want to thank my beta Jessi for her ever patience in me, Mist who created my beautiful banner and also to those who have read and review those. I do appreciate it guys and gals :)
Once again I do not own Twilight cause that belongs to Stephenie Meyer and The Blue Lagoon belongs to Henry De Vere Stacpoole

No comments:

Post a Comment